|Bài này là một bản dịch thô từ ngôn ngữ khác. Đây có thể là kết quả của máy tính hoặc của người chưa thông thạo cả ngôn ngữ. Xin hãy giúp tăng chất lượng bản dịch.|
Katatonia in 2004: (L-R) Jonas Renkse, Fredrik Norrman, Anders Nyström, Daniel Liljekvist and Mattias Norrman
|Thông tin nghệ sĩ|
|Nguyên quán||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Thể loại||Black/death/doom (early era), doom/gothic metal (later career), alternative metal (later career)|
|Hãng đĩa||Peaceville, Avantgarde Music, No Fashion Records, Vic Records|
Katatonia là một Swedish metal band formed in Stockholm in 1991 by Jonas Renkse (formerly aka Lord Seth) and Anders Nyström (formerly aka Blakkheim). The early Katatonia albums are noted for the overall bleak melancholy and despair of their sound, often giving them the classification of doom metal or death/doom metal. Katatonia's more recent albums have progressed to a wider sound, with modern overtones, dropped guitars, symphonic synths and arrangements, alternative sounds and generally heavy riffs. The early Katatonia albums are sometimes, along with albums by bands such as My Dying Bride, Anathema and Paradise Lost, considered forerunners of the death/doom metal genre. The band has expressed that their music has been influenced by bands such as The Cure, Fields of the Nephilim, and Joy Division. Opeth's Mikael Åkerfeldt performed the growling vocals on Brave Murder Day and Sounds of Decay when regular Katatonia singer (and then-drummer) Jonas Renkse became unable to perform harsh vocals properly. During this time, the band decided to change their sound to a more soft sound with clean vocals beginning with 1998's Discouraged Ones. This shift in instrumental tone and vocal style was accompanied by an appreciable decrease in the length of the band's songs, with latter period songs typically lasting around four minutes.
Katatonia has released two compilations. Brave Yester Days (the title being a play on their album Brave Murder Day) là một double-disc release including all cuts from EPs up to Saw You Drown, selected cuts from full-length albums Brave Murder Day and Dance of December Souls, and two tracks from a compilation. The Black Sessions là một limited release that documents later releases and includes a live DVD.
Katatonia's most recent release, 2009's Night Is the New Day, has received widespread critical acclaim, with one reviewer describing it as "an album staggering in both its ambition and its accessibility, showcasing beauty and despair in equal measure". On December 21, 2010, Katatonia performed at the Mood Indigo Festival in Mumbai, the band's first show in India.
Band members [sửa]
- Tại vị
- Jonas Renkse – ca sĩ chính(từ 1991), trống, bộ gõ (1991–1999)
- Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström – guitar, hát phụ (từ 1991)
- Daniel Liljekvist – trống, bộ gõ (từ 1999)
- Per "Sodomizer" Eriksson – guitar khi diễn live (từ 2009)
- Niklas "Nille" Sandin – bass khi diễn live (từ 2009)
- Thời xa vắng
- Guillaume Le Huche – bass (1992–1994)
- Mikael Oretoft – bass (1996–1997)
- Fredrik "North" Norrman – guitar (1994–2009)
- Mattias "Kryptan" Norrman – bass (1999–2009)
- Thời vụ
- Dan Swanö – keyboards (1992–1993), trống trong Tonight's Decision (1999)
- Mikael Åkerfeldt – ca sĩ (1996–1997)
- Kenneth Englund – trống (1996)
- Frank Default – keyboards, bô dây và bộ gõ (2006-)
Thư viện Albums [sửa]
- Dance of December Souls - "Vũ khúc những linh hồn tháng Chạp" (1993)
- Brave Murder Day - "Ngày can đảm chết" (1996)
- Discouraged Ones - "Mất khí thế" (1998)
- Tonight's Decision - "Đêm định mệnh" (1999)
- Last Fair Deal Gone Down - "Rũ bỏ sự giao thiệp cuối cùng" (2001)
- Viva Emptiness - "Xin chào cô đơn" (2003)
- The Great Cold Distance - "Khoảng cách lạnh lùng" (2006)
- Night Is the New Day - "Đêm là ngày mới" (2009)
Live albums [sửa]
- Jhva Elohim Meth... The Revival (1992)
- For Funerals to Come (1995)
- Sounds of Decay (1997)
- Saw You Drown (1998)
- Teargas (2001)
- Tonight's Music (2001)
- The Longest Year (2010)
- Rehearsal '91 (1991)
- Rehearsal '92 (1992)
- Jhva Elohim Meth (1992)
- Ghost of the Sun (2003)
- My Twin (2006)
- Deliberation (2006)
- July (2007)
- Day and Then the Shade (2009)
- W.A.R. Compilation Vol. 1 (1994)
- Split 10" (1996)
- Identity Five (1999) Century Media (features "Deadhouse")
- Peaceville Classic Cuts (2001) Peaceville (features the track "No devotion")
- Brave Yester Days (2004)
- The Black Sessions (2005)
Side note [sửa]
Fredrik Norrman và Jonas Renkse were both in the doom/death band October Tide while in Katatonia. Rain Without End (1997, Vic Records), recorded in 1995, would be Renkse's last use of guttural vocals until his guest appearance 13 years later on Ayreon's 2008 album, 01011001. October Tide would dissolve after the release of Grey Dawn (1999). October Tide has since reunited in 2010 with a new album A Thin Shell released on September 28, 2010, but without Jonas Renske.
Renkse and Nystrom are both members of the band Bloodbath and have been since 1998 (the same year October Tide is credited with splitting up).
Chú thích [sửa]
- ^ Doom-metal.com review of Katatonia’s Ihva Elohim Meth... the Revival
- ^ Rough Edge review of Katatonia’s Last Fair Deal Gone Down
- ^ Garry Sharpe-Young's "Definitive Guide to Metal", p. 379, "propagators of ambitious and supremely melodic doomdeath metal with heavy gothic elements"
- ^ YouTube.com'
- ^ Onemetal.com review of Katatonia’s Night Is The New Day
- ^ Katatonia to play Mumbai, India blogs.myspace.com. 2010-10-07. Retrieved on 2010-10-08.
- ^ New EP Featuring Unreleased Tracks Plus 2 Videos blogs.myspace.com. 2010-02-18. Retrieved on 2010-02-18.