Trận New Orleans đã diễn ra vào ngày 8 tháng 1 năm 1815 cách một vài dặm bên ngoài của New Orleans trong bang Louisiana . Anh thất bại bởi lực lượng Hoa Kỳ theo Andrew Jackson, Tổng thống thứ 7 của Hoa Kỳ, là trận chiến lớn cuối cùng của cuộc chiến tranh năm 1812 và nó diễn ra hai tuần sau khi Hiệp ước Ghent được ký kết.
Lý do xung đột [sửa]
Trận hồ Borgne [sửa]
Cuộc tấn công đêm ngày 23 tháng 12 [sửa]
Ngày 8 tháng 1 [sửa]
Hậu quả của Trận chiến [sửa]
Tham khảo [sửa]
- ^ James, pp. 532-533
- ^ Quimby, p. 906
- ^ James, pp. 542, 543 and 568
- ^ James, pp. 535-536
- ^ a b James, p. 563
- ^ Arrived at by deducting the losses incurred on December 23 and January 8 from Jackson's return of total casualties for period of December 23 to January 8 inclusive
- ^ Reilly, Robin (1974). The British at the gates - the New Orleans campaign in the War of 1812. New York: Putnam.
- ^ Rodriguez, Junius P. (2002). The Louisiana Purchase: a historical and geographical encyclopedia. Santa Barbara, California: ABC-CLIO. p. 348: "The Battle of New Orleans settled once and for all the question over the Louisiana Purchase. Neither the British nor the Spanish government had recognized the legality of the transfer, and, as such, the British planned either to retain the region or return Louisiana to Spain had they won the battle."
- ^ Thomas, Gregory M. (2005). The Battle of New Orleans. Master of Arts dissertation, Louisiana State University. p. 88: "[The Battle of] New Orleans also eliminated vague British designs on a second colonization of America by expanding Canadian possessions down the Mississippi to the Gulf."
- ^ Also known as the "Battle of Chalmette Plantation".
- ^ Britain's Louisiana Campaign consisted of several military engagements that were less important than the epic battle of January 8, 1815, widely known as the Battle of New Orleans. The first, the Battle of Lake Borgne, occurred on December 14, 1814 when British forces captured an American flotilla protecting Lake Borgne. The next occurred on December 23 when Andrew Jackson led a bold night attack on the British camp. The last, which began on January 9, ended on January 18 when the British terminated their unsuccessful bombardment of Fort St. Philip and began to withdraw the last of their troops and ships, signalling the end of their Louisiana Campaign.
- ^ Remini, Robert V. (1999). The battle of New Orleans. New York: Penguin Books. p. 193-194: "Then in mid-February dispatches arrived from Europe announcing that the commissioners in Ghent had signed a treaty of peace with their British counterparts and that the War of 1812 had ended." "the Senate of the United States unanimously (35-0) ratified the Treaty of Ghent on February 16, 1815. Now the war was officially over."
- ^ Reilly 1974, tr. 311–325.
Liên kết ngoài [sửa]