|Xã (thị) trưởng||André Périllat-Amédé|
|Diện tích đất1||61 km2 (24 dặm vuông Anh)|
|Nhân khẩu2||2.250 (2006)|
|- Mật độ||37 /km2 (96 /sq mi)|
|Múi giờ||CET (GMT +1)|
|1 Dữ liệu địa chính Pháp loại trừ các hồ và ao lớn hơn 1 km² (0.386 dặm vuông hoặc 247 acre) cũng như các cửa sông.|
|2 Dân số không tính hai lần: cư dân của nhiều xã (ví dụ, các sinh viên và quân nhân) chỉ tính một lần.|
The commune là một ski resort and owes its name to the river which runs through it. The inhabitants of Le Grand-Bornand are called Bornandins.
Geography[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
Located on the western slope of the Aravis mountain range not far from Mount Blanc, Annecy Lake and Switzerland, Le Grand-Bornand is a summer and winter resort which developed around an old village. Le Grand-Bornand is in a wide part of the valley which has allowed it to develop - the village of Petit-Bornand, located downstream, is in a narrower part of the valley. The commune of Le Grand-Bornand is made-up of three areas: the Bouchet valley, the Chinaillon valley and the village of Le Grand-Bornand located at the junction of the two valleys. The valley of Bouchet is located upstream of the village along the course of the river Borne.
Nearby[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
History[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
- 1569: Church fire
- 1715: Opening of a school
- 1755: End of the dispute with neighbouring village La Clusaz on the delimitation between the territories of the two villages
- ngày 11 tháng 3 năm 1817: Violent earthquake causes property damage
- ngày 28 tháng 10 năm 1923: Creation of a ski club, the "société des skieurs bornandins".
- ngày 24 tháng 8 năm 1944: 76 troops from the Vichy government's militia, condemned to death on 23 August by a court martial of the French Forces of the Interior and after a parody of a trial, are publicly shot close to the Peseretaz wood. 44 were buried in a cemetery created on the spot in the Bouchet valley. Several were younger than 18 and at least one had never been part of the militia.[cần dẫn nguồn]
- ngày 14 tháng 7 năm 1987: A brutal and unforeseeable flood of the Borne river, following a violent storm over the mountain, submerges the valley and devastates in particular the campsite of Le Grand-Bornand. There 21 fatalities and two missing persons. The commune and the State were forced to compensate the families of the victims as the campsite had been located on the river floodplain.
- ngày 11 tháng 4 năm 2003: property developer, Xavier Flactif, and his family are killed in their country cottage in Chinaillon by a neighbour.
- ngày 22 tháng 7 năm 2004: The village is the finish for a stage of the 2004 Tour de France. Lance Armstrong wins after a stage of 204,5 km (127,1 mi)[Chuyển đổi: Số không hợp lệ] from Bourg d'Oisans
- ngày 22 tháng 2 năm 2006: Roddy Darragon wins a silver medal in a ski sprint at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin and the following day, Sylvie Becaert takes the bronze medal in the biathlon.
Twinning[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
Since 1997, Le Grand Bornand kết nghĩa với Quiberon.
Place names[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
Researcher toponymist and Ph.D. graduate of the Sorbonne, Jérémie Delorme, has listed, photographed and described, about 3 000 place names in the commune. 90% come from Latin, 8% come from Gaulish, 1% from Germanic and 1% from pre-Latin languages. A third of the names refer to former occupants. Names ending in "ière" are pre 16th-century and names ending in "lhon" are pre 5th-century.
Administration[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
List of mayors[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
- Jean Bastard Rosset - March 1971 to March 1977
- Pierre Pochat Cottilloux - March 1983 to March 1989
- Andre Perrillat Amédé - March 1989 to March 2008
- Gérard Perrissin-Fabert - March 2008 to present
Presidential election 2007[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
Le Grand-Bornand voting in the 2nd round of the 2007 French presidential election Nicolas Sarkozy: 84% Royal Ségolène: 17%
Places and monuments[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
- Church of the Virgin Mary of the Assumption: it has been confirmed this church dates from 1346. It was partially destroyed by a fire in 1569 and the bell-tower completely rebuilt in 1661. It was completely rebuilt in 1877. The bell-tower, finished in 1845, is remarkable for its Baroque outer shell.
- Chinaillon chapel
- Bouchet chapel
- Nant-Robert chapel
- Gramusset refuge
- Maroly virtual lake
- Militiamen cemetery
People[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
- Roddy Darragon: silver medalist in cross-country skiing individual sprint event in the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Sylvie Becaert: bronze medalist in the biathlon at the 2006 Winter Olympics and 2005 world champion
- Christophe Perrillat: French cross-country skiing team member at the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Steve Missillier: member of the 2007 French Alpine skiing team
- Sebastien Baker-Bidoz: former member of the French Alpine skiing team
- Tessa Worley: - member of the French Alpine skiing team
Economy[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
- Tourism: ski resort. Le Grand-Bornand holds the award "Station verte de vacances" (Green holiday resort).
- Winter sports: The station is highly rated for beginner skiers and family holidays. However, although there are a few good restaurants, there is minimal nightlife. Le Grand Bornand skiable domain has recently been linked to the skiable domain of La Clusaz
- Agriculture: Le Grand-Bornand is one of the birthplaces of reblochon, a cheese produced from abondancière, tarine and montbéliarde cows raised on Crau hay.
- Aravis Boissons has manufactured Forclaz lemonade since 1870 according to the same, original recipe (water + sugar + bubbles)
Facilities[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
Outdoor activities[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
- Cross-country skiing
- Dodes forest
- Mushroom collecting
- Via Ferrata
Events[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
- "To happiness of the kids", children's festival
- "To each their turn" (June 2007) Publicity in schools by the organisers of the Tour de France, to develop the image of "the outer loop" for future generations of consumers.
- July 15–16, 2007: Arrival of 7th stage of the Tour de France 2007 (Bourg-en-Bresse - Le Grand-Bornand) and departure of 8th stage of the Tour de France 2007, 165 kilometres between Le Grand-Bornand and Tignes.
- Alps Mountain festival (at the beginning of August)
- Ball of the conscripts, organized in May each year
- Week of the mountain, discovering local fauna and flora. One evening is organized by the mountain security and the Office of mountain Guides. In 2007 it is from 21–27 July.
Tour de France[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
Finishes[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
|Năm||Stage||Start point||Distance (km)||Stage winner||Yellow jersey|
|2009||17||Bourg-Saint-Maurice||169.5||Frank Schleck||Alberto Contador|
|2007||7||Bourg-en-Bresse||197.5||Linus Gerdemann||Linus Gerdemann|
|2004||17||Le Bourg-d'Oisans||204.5||Lance Armstrong||Lance Armstrong|
Departures[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
|Năm||Stage||Finish point||Distance (km)||Stage winner||Yellow jersey|
|2007||8||Tignes||165||Michael Rasmussen||Michael Rasmussen|
|1999||9||Sestrières||213.5||Lance Armstrong||Lance Armstrong|
|1995||9||La Plagne||160||Alex Zülle||Miguel Indurain|
Xem thêm[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
Tham khảo[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
Liên kết ngoài[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
- Le Grand-Bornand on the Quid website
- Location of Le Grand-Bornand on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Le Grand-Bornand Ski Chalet
- Le Grand-Bornand Chinaillon accommodation provider
- Map of Le Grand-Bornand on Mapquest
- Le Grand-Bornand official website
- Le Grand-Bornand English website
- ViaFerrata.org Le Grand Bornand Via Ferrata: Tour de Jalouvre (tiếng Pháp)